Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Best Part

I think the best part about always forgetting you have a blog, is the part when you remember that you do.  Then you go to said blog, and {after three unsuccessful login attempts} you read your last post. It's full of hope and excitement, and it's full of plans. Then you sit back and realize that those plans fell through. You're nowhere close to where you thought you would be. You're a different person than you had ever imagined being. And instead of feeling defeat, you breath a sigh of relief, and whisper, "thank you."


If I had to try and sum up the last six months of my life in one word, that word would be grateful. I've never felt grateful the way I feel it these days. I can feel it in my physical body; in my core, my bones. Sometimes, I almost feel like I might explode. 

I'm grateful for this peace I feel in my heart. I'm grateful for this beautiful city that I get to live in. I'm thankful for a job that supports me, and allowed me to buy this pretty teal nail polish that's on my toes. I'm grateful {overwhelmingly so} for grace, and for the God who gives it. I'm grateful for new friends who are wonderful, and for old ones, who are faithful. I'm grateful that my life is a life free of fear and full of promise.

A little vague, maybe. But it doesn't matter. I don't think I could put it in words if I tried.








2 comments:

  1. I'm very proud and happy for you friend! Praise God for where you have come in your life. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! It's crazy to think about my life at this time, just last year. Night and day. So good!

    ReplyDelete